Ballet classes for adults
Start, return to, or continue your ballet training
Now available - a comprehensive, 67-page, illustrated guide to ballet for absolute beginners
Learn the terminology as well as how to do each step at beginner level, and why we do each step
What to expect in ballet class at Move Through Life
Ballet as an adult is different to what you might remember if you did ballet as a child, at least, it is here at Move Through Life.
- Not everyone has the stereotypical ballet body. Yes, ballet does help you improve tone, flexibility, and strength, but we adults come in all shapes and sizes, and every type of body can do ballet.
- You don’t need to wear pink tights and a leotard, or put your hair in a bun. You can wear what you want. If ballet gear is your thing, then go for it. But you can choose a t-shirt and trackies if that’s better for you.
- Footwear of your choice. You can choose to wear bare feet, socks, ballet flats, demi-pointe or full pointe shoes.
- The music is not just ballet piano music. We have a variety of music from different genres and eras.
- You’re not expected to be quiet all the time and call your teacher ‘Miss’. We’re all equals here, and we want to have fun as well as learn, develop technique, and exercise.
- There’s no competitiveness or cliques. We are all about inclusion, and you can be sure no-one will judge you. Instead, they’ll encourage and support you.
- You won’t be pushed to do anything that is not suitable for your body. If you need to adapt something or take it easy due to an injury that’s fine. You know your body best.
- Not just an adult beginner ballet class. We offer classes from absolute beginners up to professional level – find out more about our levels
- Despite our relaxed atmosphere, we do offer excellent technique, a good workout, and spend equal time at the barre and in the centre.
When & Where
How much does it cost?
You can pay for our classes by taking out a membership
(choose from bronze, silver, gold or platinum, depending on how often you want to come to class).
All memberships run for 12 months, but they are NO LOCK-IN. You can cancel at anytime by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Not ready for membership? You can also pay casually.
Make sure you know about early bird discounts and other special offers.
Every month we send a class newsletter which lets you know when registrations open,
early bird discounts are available, new classes are starting, tips and articles, special offers, and more.
Subscribe to the class news via the form below.