Dance classes for mature adults
You may grow older in years, but dance classes can help you keep feeling young in body & mind!
Choose from 4 types of classes designed for mature adults
dance mix, ballet, jazz or tap
Our mature classes are a more low impact class ideal for adults aged over 50 or anyone wanting to ease into dance after a period of inactivity, giving birth or having surgery, or who finds the regular classe too hard on their joints.
Registrations for Term 1 2020 now open
Term 1 2020 starts Monday 13 January
A fantastic introduction to dance for someone who’s not sure what dance style they’d like to learn. Not really a technique class, it’s more about having fun and moving, inspired by a mix of dance styles, including jazz, contemporary, a smidge of ballet, and a sprinkling of Latin, folk and other influences.
- 10am Wednesdays in Seacliff
- 6pm Wednesday in Clarence Park
- 10.30am Friday in Glengworie
A low impact version of the grace and strength of ballet technique, without the more strenuous aspects of ballet (like grand plie, jumping, demi-pointe work, high leg extensions, or multiple turns).
- 11am Wednesdays in Seacliff
- 6pm Tuesdays in Seacliff
An low impact version of the fun and energy of jazz dance technique, in a class with other mature adults, set to an energetic soundtrack that includes well known pop music, classic show tunes, and more.
- 6.15pm Mondays in Henley Beach
- 7pm Wednesdays in Clarence Park
- 10.30am Fridays in Glengowrie
A low impact version of the rhythm and percussion of tap dance technique, without as many hops and jumps so it’s easy on your ankles and knees, set to a diverse soundtrack that includes the latest pop music, as well as classic tap tunes, and even the music of your own feet.
- 6pm Thursdays in Glengowrie
Intake of new students every 12 weeks (January, April, July, September)
Subscribe to our 6 weekly newsletter to make sure you know when registrations open for our next intake
Who are these classes for?
is prefers to dance with people aged over 45-50
feels intimidated dancing in class full of 20 or 30 year olds
looking for a lower impact dance class
wanting to ease into dance after a period of inactivity, giving birth or having surgery
finds the regular classe too hard on their joints
loves to move to music and want to have some fun
What to expect
- A welcoming and supportive environment that celebrates all body shapes and sizes
- Laughter … while we’ll work hard, it’s about enjoying yourself, so you won’t be expected to be silent the way you might have experienced dance class when you were a child
- You’ll develop a solid technique so that you can keep your muscles and joints safe, perform the movements in a more effortless way, and develop an aesthetically pleasing line (or posture)
- You’ll learn terminology for the dance style, develop an understanding of why we do each exercise or movement, and how mastering the basics will help you build a more advanced technique
Clarence Park Community Centre
72-74 East Avenue, Black Forest
Henley Fulham Uniting Church
214 Military Road, Henley Beach
Seacliff Uniting Church
7-9 Wheatland Street, Seacliff
Glengowrie Uniting Church
33 Butler Crescent, Glengowrie
Our Level 1 classes are offered as 12 week courses. You can:
- pay one lump sum upfront ($250 regular cost, or $225 Early bird discount (sign up 10 days before course starts)
- sign up for membership for 12 weeks and pay in 3 instalments (starts at $77 for 4 weeks for 1 clas/week, find out more on our membership & pricing page)
Level 2 and above are run as ‘classes’ rather than ‘courses’. You can:
- sign up for membership (pay every 4 weeks, minimum period 12 weeks), starts at $77 (for 1 class/week) for 4 weeks, find out more on our membership & pricing page
- pay by the term (12 week term costs $250)
- pay casually ($25 per class)
For Level 2 and above classes, you can buy one of our intro offers with a ‘2 for 1 pass’ or even our ‘7 day unlimited class pass’.
10% concession discount available for all payment options for holders of full time student, pensioner or seniors card.
Send a photo of your concession card via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or text 0408 240 772 and we’ll send you a discount code.
Got any questions?
If you’ve got any questions, please get in touch with Anne, our Client Relationship Officer at email@example.com or call her on 0408 240 772 (Monday to Friday between 9am-5pm) and she’ll get back to you within 24 hours (except on Sundays and public holidays). You can also send us a message on Facebook.
Move Through Life Dance Studio offers dance classes to adults of all ages in ballet, contemporary, jazz, tap, and mature dance. We pride ourselves on offering you a place to indulge your love of dance, whether you’re a complete beginner, had a long break from dance, or danced all your life. Our classes have a broad mix of ages, and our philosophy is that you are never too old to dance, it is never too late to start, and you can dance forever!
If you have any questions, get in touch with Anne on 0408 240 772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep up with the latest from Move Through Life; dance classes, plus tips & fact sheets to help you on your dance journey…