Wear what you would usually wear for exercise. Many people wear a t-shirt or singlet top, with leggings or tracksuit pants. Some people do wear leotards and/or tights, but this is absolutely not required. Just make sure what you wear is comfortable to move in, but not too loose (so it doesn’t get in the way of movement or become a tripping hazard)
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I wear to class?
Do I need special dance shoes?
You are not required to wear special dance shoes for any of our classes, but the types of shoes you may choose to wear differ by dance style. You can dance in bare feet or socks (you may need to take socks off if the floor is slippery of the movement makes slipping more likely). We generally discourage the wearing of street shoes, but if you need arch or ankle support, you are welcome to wear sneakers or some type of flexible shoe.
- Ballet – soft canvas or leather ballet shoes, socks or bare feet
- Jazz – jazz shoes, jazz sneakers, socks or bare feet
- Contemporary – bare feet, socks or foot thong
- Tap – tap shoes, or a day shoe with a small heel and something to keep it attached to your foot (eg a strap or boots)
- Mature dance – bare feet, socks, jazz shoes or sneakers, sneakers or flexible shoes
Where can I buy dance shoes and clothes if I want to?
Fusion Dance Wear
296 Brighton Road, North Brighton
phone 8296 9292
4/502 North East Road, Windsor Gardens
385 Grange Road, Findon
152 Unley Road, Unley
63 Railway Terrace, Warradel
Phone: 8358 3055
Do I need to book?
Yes, please do book. There are a number of reasons why, such as:
- some of our classes are full to capacity, so you’ll need to book to secure your place
- if we need to cancel a class for some reason (this has happened due to unexpected illness of a teacher) we can only let you know if you’ve booked in
How do I get the concession price?
We offer a 10% concession discount to people who hold a full-time student, pensioner or seniors card.
If you have one of these cards, to claim the concession:
- send us a copy of your card (either scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or take a photo on your phone and text to 0402 070 021 – if you can’t do either of these, please show your card to your teacher and ask them photograph it and send it to 0402 070 021)
- You’ll then be sent a discount code, which you can enter into the Promo Code field in the online checkout
Can I pay cash for class?
In most instances, no you can’t pay cash to the teacher. Our teachers are spread out across metropolitan Adelaide and even inner regional areas, and as such are not able to pass on cash to the administrative team.
The times you can pay cash are when one of the administrative team is present at the venue, such as Saturday afternoons in Glengowrie where we are able to provide a front desk service, and classes taught by Jo McDonald (the Studio Owner), as she is able to take cash.
What happens if I miss a class?
You can cancel the class up to one hour before it is due to start, and then use that class at another time (as long as you use it before it’s expiry date).
To cancel the class,
- login to our MindBody booking system
- click on My Info
- click on My Schedule
- find the class you want to cancel ,and click ‘cancel‘
Please note, if you cancel the class before it starts, you’ll be able to use the credit to attend any off our classes. You won’t be able to do so if you don’t cancel it.
Is there a performance?
We don’t currently have performances associated with classes or programs.
Is there a break in school holidays?
We don’t break during school holidays so that you can continue your weekly routine at all times. But if you want to take a break in school holidays (or at any time) you certainly can. Just make sure that you’ll be able to use the classes you have purchased before they expire.
We do take a 4 week break from mid-December to mid-January.
Are there classes on long weekends and public holidays?
Yes, we continue on long weekends and public holidays. However, we do reserve the right to cancel a class if there are not enough people attending to make it viable. If that is the case, you will receive credit to use the class you’ve paid for at another time, or you can have a refund for the value of that class, depending on what rate you paid for the program (for example, if you pay $105 for a program, and 1 class is cancelled, you can receive a $17.50 refund, but if you paid the early bird price of $85 and one class is cancelled, you are entitled to receive a credit for 1 class or a $14 refund).
Do you still run classes in extreme hot weather?
We do continue to run classes in hot weather. Most of our venues are air conditioned. In those that aren’t we make sure that the class is less strenuous than usual, and encourage you to drink plenty of water (before, during & after class), and to sit down and rest if you feel overheated. You can also choose not to come to class if it’s too hot for you.
If there are insufficient people booked in to justify running the class in hot weather, we may cancel it, and will send a text message to all people booked in (so make sure you always book in if you plan to come to class). We will also put a notice on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/movethroughlife) if a class is cancelled.