Move Through Life Dance Studio recognises the essential right of individuals to have their information administered in ways that they would reasonably expect – protected on one hand, and made accessible to them on the other. These privacy values are reflected in and supported by our core values and philosophies.
MTL is bound by the Information Privacy Act 2000, as well as other laws, which impose specific obligations when it comes to handling information. The organisation has adopted the respective Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information.
In broad terms this means that we:
- Collect only information which the organisation requires for its primary function;
- Ensure that customers are informed as to why we collect the information and how we administer the information gathered;
- Use and disclose personal information only for our primary functions or a directly related purpose, or for another purpose with the person’s consent;
- Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access; and
- Provide customers with access to their own information, and the right to seek its correction.