Online ballet course for beginner adults (beta trial)
A self-paced, on demand course that can easily be completed in 8 weeks.
This is a beta trial of the course. That means it’s the first time I’ve offered the course with all of the below included.
I am looking for 20 adults (women or men) who want to finally overcome their fears, the tyranny of distance, or the difficulty of juggling your schedule, and finally start to learn ballet.
- the fundamental movements that form the foundation of all ballet movements
- the French terminology used in ballet (including how the words are written and pronounced, and what they mean)
- basic rhythm and musicality
- fundamentals of safe dance practice
- how to put all the movements together into a 2-minute dance\
- 8 lessons, each of which includes several video tutorials, that will teach you everything from how to stand for ballet, walk like a ballet dancer, positions of the arms and feet, and much more
- Each lesson includes developments of the movements you’ve learnt in previous lessons, as well as new movements
- Each lesson will also include a ‘class video’ which puts together the steps taught in the tutorials so you can practice the steps taught in that week and previous weeks
- Membership of our Introduction to Ballet Facebook group, where you can connect with others doing the course, as well as with me
- PDF copy of the Level 1 Ballet Guide, which is a 67-page, fully illustrated booklet that covers each step learnt in the course (what it is, the French name, what it means and how to pronounce it, how to do the step, why we do the step, and what it leads to)
- Weekly Zoom Q&A so you can ask questions and receive feedback on your progress