Spring Dance Challenge
Leave winter behind and get ready for summer
Join us for 30 days of dance this September
Are you ready to create a habit of dancing every day? Dance is not just a fun way to exercise, but it gives you a workout for your body and mind. You can tone, strengthen, stretch, balance, and coordinate your way to better helath and happiness.
Estimates vary about how long it takes to form a new habit, but 30 days will certainly give you a great kick-start. By the time summer arrives, you’ll be glad you started exercising early instead of trying to get fit just as the festive season hits.
Participating in the Spring Dance Challenge will help you get more out of your existing dance classes, or give you the benefits of a dance class if you can’t get to class regularly.
Build strength, flexibility, balance & improve technique
In this challenge, I’ll offer you a range of dance exercises to choose from, so you can work on your core, arms and upper body, legs and feet, or your whole body.
My name is Jo McDonald, and I’m the founder & owner of Move Through Life Dance Studio. I’ve been dancing for 43 years and teaching for 20 years. I have a Graduate Diploma of Dance Teaching and an Honours Degree in Psychology (so I a bit about things like motivation, habits, and positive thinking).
I’ve made 35 videos chock full of exercises so I’m sure you’ll find a few that you’ll enjoy. The videos include tips on how to perform each exercise correctly, pitfalls to watch out for, and guidance on how to use the exercise to make real changes to your body.
What will you get from the challenge?
By committing to doing a short amount of exercise every day for 30 days, you will:
- develop a daily exercise habit (once a behaviour has become a habit, it is much easier to maintain)
- improve your dance technique and your physical capacity to dance
- feel more energetic and find everyday tasks get easier
- feel more positive and be more likely to do other things that contribute to your health and wellbeing rather than detract from it
Through the videos, you will:
- discover a variety of different dance-related exercises for various parts of your body that can help you focus on flexibility, strength, balance, and technique and
- learn about your muscles and joints and different ways to train them
- learn about different types of stretching to improve flexibility
Through the Facebook group, you will:
- connect with other people just like you who enjoy dance and want to live a happy and healthy lifestyle by moving more
- discover the value of being part of an online dance community
What's included in the challenge
- Access to 35 videos on a password protected web page, each containing instructions on how to perform one (or more) exercise, including tips on correct technique, pitfalls to watch out for, and suggestions for how to build on it over the challenge
- Access to our exclusive Move Through Life Dance Studio Member’s Facebook group, so you can connect with others doing the challenge to share your triumphs, encourage and support each other, and get extra support from me
- You go into the running to win a $120 Endota Spa voucher. You can earn points by checking into Challenge Runner (the software we’re using to run the challenge) each day that you do your dance exercise, and for sharing your experience on Facebook or Instagram. The person with the most points at the end of the Challenge wins the voucher.
Who should join the challenge?
- Anyone who is looking for a home-based exercise workout but wants something different to yoga, pilates, aerobics or boxing workouts
- Anyone who does a regular dance class and would like a home-based routine to build their strength and flexibility, improve balance and technique, so they get more out of their dance class
- Anyone who used to dance and would love to do so again, but can’t get to a regular dance class
- Anyone who always dreamed of dancing but didn’t get the chance and would like to do something at home before venturing into a dance class
- Teachers who spend so much time teaching that they can’t get to a dance class for themselves
How will it work?
You can register for the challenge [hc-hmw snippet=”Spring-Dance-Challenge-Registration”]
If you are a Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum member of Move Through Life, you will have been sent an email with a promo code to get a 100% discount. If you are not a member, it is only $10 to participate in the challenge, and you can pay that as you go through the registration process.
Once you’re registered:
- I’ll add you to the challenge in Challenge Runner and you’ll be sent an email with your login details.
- You can send a request to join our Members’ Facebook group at www.facebook.com/groups/mtldancestudio.
- You will receive a series of emails with more detail about how to complete your registration, how to access the videos (which will be available on a password protected web page) and how to earn points. Make sure to add email@example.com to your email address book so the emails don’t end up in your spam folder.
- You will be able to access the password protected webpage before the challenge starts, so if you want to look through the videos and choose your exercises you can.
- From 1 September, you can start your daily exercise regime, and check-in on Challenge Runner each day to earn points.
How to join our Spring Dance Challenge
- Pay the $10 registration fee (if you are a member, you’ll have been emailed a promo code to give you a 100% discount)
- Follow the link in the email receipt for your $10 registration fee to complete your registration details
- Follow the link to join the MTL Members’ Facbook group
Move Through Life Dance Studio offers dance classes to adults of all ages in ballet, contemporary, jazz, tap, dance conditioning/stretch, and mature dance. We pride ourselves on offering you a place to indulge your love of dance, whether you’re a complete beginner, had a long break from dance, or danced all your life. Our classes have a broad mix of ages, and our philosophy is that you are never too old to dance, it is never too late to start, and you can dance forever!
If you have any questions, get in touch with Jo on 0402 070 021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep up with the latest from Move Through Life; dance classes, plus tips & fact sheets to help you on your dance journey…